Friday, June 18, 2010

Ko Tao

I'm sitting on the beach on Ko Tao writing this. The day before yesterday I caught the train from Hat Yai and got off at Surat Thani, spent one night there and then got on a boat to the island of Samui to have a look at some of the popular islands in the Gulf of Thailand. I ended up in a very quiet area of Samui, away from other tourists and it was great. I didn't do much except swim in the pool at the resort where I stayed, which I had all to myself. There was a zoo nearby with animals in cages that were much too small and I thought about releasing them during the night.

Here on Tao I went to one of the closest places to stay and have ended up at a backpackers with lost of obnoxious young British people. I'll see if I can get away from them. Will stay here one night, then catch a boat either to Chumphon to board the train to Bangkok or see if I can get a boat direct to Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment