Sunday, June 6, 2010

Plans

I'm about to leave Melaka and head into the jungle of Taman Negara National Park for a few days. First I get a bus to a place called Jerantut from where I can get to the park. Then afterwards, I go back to Jerantut and get on the 'jungle line' railway heading north. I'll end up near Khota Bharu in the north east corner of Malaysia where its possible to cross the border into Thailand.

I've decided to go to Thailand despite the recent unrest there but I will simply pass through rather than look around. There's been no more trouble in Bangkok and it seems safe to travel through it. However, the government has issued a warrant for the arrest of former PM and red shirt backer Thaksin Shinawatra. Apparently he's hiding in Dubai but should for any reason he be captured things could get messy, with his followers probably rioting. So I'm not going to hang around Bangkok or Thailand generally in case something like that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment