Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heading for Tallinn

I'm on board a ferry in port in Helsinki. It's 9.22pm (on 28 September) and in eight minutes we'll be setting off for Tallinn, Estonia which will take about one and a half hours. Free wi-fi on the ferry!

We seem to be moving already and it's 9.25pm. Since when does any form of public transport leave early?

I enjoyed Helsinki. Most people spoke fluent English so it was the easiest place to communicate with people than I've found in a long time. It made a nice rest before heading to the Baltic nations where I'll probably be back to charades and occasional phrases from my guidebook. I'm a bit tired of sight-seeing so in Helsinki I mainly relaxed and read. I did see in the city square a UN-sponsored bit of artwork called 'Buddy Bears' consisting of statues of bears, one for each country, each painted to reflect the culture of its respective nation. Here is New Zealand's.


No comments:

Post a Comment