Saturday, November 20, 2010

Facts and Figures

I'm intending to write a summing-up of my trip on here but I need a bit more time to rest and recharge before doing that. In the meantime, here are a few facts and figures about my journey.

The entire trip from NZ to UK took me exactly nine months - I left Lyttelton on February 12 and arrived in Harwich on November 12.

The total distance I covered is ?? kilometres (still to be calculated!)

I took a total of 94 trains, buses, and boats to get from NZ to UK: 40 trains, 39 buses, and 15 boats.* Here, I'm counting only rides that involved getting from one place to the next - not counting buses and trains or small boat rides within a city.
* (and one plane)

I visited twenty different countries in the following order:
1. Australia
2. Indonesia
3. Malaysia
4. Thailand
5. Cambodia
6. Vietnam
7. China
8. Mongolia
9. Russia
10. Finland
11. Estonia
12. Latvia
13. Lithuania
14. Poland
15. Slovakia
16. Austria
17. Czech Republic
18. Germany
19. Netherlands
20. England

I visited 80 cities and towns, where 'visited' means staying at least one night in or a few hours looking around (not simply passing through on a bus or train). Want the whole list? Here it is, in order of visiting: Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, Montville, Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Launceston, Devonport, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin, Kuta, Denpasar, Ubud, Banyuwangi, Sempol, Probolinggo, Yogyakarta, Jakarta, Kalianda, Bandarlumpung, Danau Ranau, Lewa, Bengkulu, Mukomuko, Bukittingi, Dumai, Melaka, Kuala Tahan, Khota Bharu, Hat Yai, Surat Thani, Ko Samui, Ko Tao, Bangkok, Siem Reap, Angkor Wat, Tonle Sap Floating Village, Phnom Penh, Saigon, Da Nang, Hue, Vinh, Hanoi, Nanning, Shanghai, Beijing, Ulan Bator, Ulan Ude, Irkutsk, Olkhon Island town (?), Krasnoyask, Novosibirsk, Omsk, Yekaterinburg, Moscow, St Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, Viljandi, Valmiera, Riga, Vilnius, Trakai, Marijampole, Suwalki, Gizycko, Ketrzyn, Olsztyn, Warsaw, Krakow, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague, Berlin, Wolfsburg, Rotterdam, Harwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment